Public Health Advisor (Quarantine Program)
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
National Center for Emerging & Zoonotic Infectious Disease
Open & closing dates
11/15/2019 to 05/15/2020
Pay scale & grade
GS 9 – 11
$51,440 to $93,077 per year
Term – Not To Exceed 13 Months
Many vacancies in the following locations:
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Juan, PR
El Paso, TX
Dulles Airport, VA
Yes as determined by agency policy
Serves as a project representative for a program responsible for preventing the importation and spread of communicable diseases.
- Assist in planning and implementing a program for preventing the importation of communicable diseases from abroad and spread of these diseases domestically.
- Monitor disease trends and consults with senior leaders to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to prevent the introduction/spread of communicable diseases by travelers, etiologic agents or vectors.
- Provide technical assistance, consultation and guidance to national, state and/or local agencies; health organizations; federal, state and local law enforcement agencies; airport and seaport activities; hospital networks, and other private entities.
- Ensure appropriate communication networks, planning documents and emergency response protocols are in place, tested and regularly updated.
- Develop and present training to various governmental agencies and local partners on emergency response protocols, communicable diseases and quarantine activities.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel 10% domestic for this position.
Sometimes you just have to ask yourself: WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT ? – #watcot